Me...by me

Ever had that moment when you're riding home from a family thing that felt so routine and wonder why is it that you don't feel you are who you really are anymore? Perhaps every once in a while we loose ourselves trying to fit in or maybe because we no longer have the guts to be who we really are anymore. It's been a while since I fought to be myself. Out of exhaustion from living a life of compromise and changing circumstances, I probably just gave up and went with the flow. Now I am nowhere near who I really am or who I want to be. I lost my real loves and gave up that which I cherish for another and with the latter, I am still struggling to be successful. But far from a sob story, this entry is more of a realization. This is not who I want to be nor is it the mold for which I want to be pressed in. I cannot let the will of another dictate my character nor be in the same boat with one who chose to be defeated by his own insecurities. I have been brought out knowing that everything is possible for those who do not allow themselves to be restrained by their own pessimisms, whether genetic or environmental. It's time to dust off the old mantra for which I lived by and start moving again, hoping again, living again, trusting again....loving again. Perhaps this written resolution will remind me that enough is enough!!! I am who I am....it's time to be just me!

Comments

Popular Posts