Work Happened...

Next thing I knew, it's been a year....

Yep, I lost an entire year....our circumstances finally called for me to get back into the workforce and although I was blessed with work from home, I was spending a lot of time working.  After a few months of that, I stepped back and remembered why I made the decision to NOT do this when my girls were born...I did not want work to be the reason for me to miss out on the important moments of their life nor to find myself wondering what happened day after day, unable to recall anything because there was nothing to look back on to help us remember.  When Myka's last summer before school came and went without much memories to write about and look back on, I knew I had to stop before it's too late.  So despite the need to still supplement our finances with my income, I gave it up so that we can once again slow down our pace and get back to what's really important.  I figured, we will always find a way to work things out and so far, thankfully were able to do just that.


So as I return to these pages with a sigh of relief, I do look back to a year that has passed with much regret and longing.  Still, we move forward as we should, steadying our steps slowly as we pick things up where we left off knowing that it is never too late when you are making the right choice.

Comments

Popular Posts