Down the Right Path

Remember this post? Two years ago, I found myself walking my eldest daughter a block away from home to our beautiful neighborhood school for her first day in Kindergarten.  However, deep down I knew in my heart that what I really wanted to do was to homeschool her and her sister.  It was what I had planned to do but in view of our employment situation over the last 4 years, it was just not doable...just yet!!!
 
I knew I would never abandon the notion since it will be eating me up as soon as I send my girls for another year in regular school so this time I made an extra effort to find out our options and low and behold I found out that there is a homeschool charter school right here in my city and to correct my previous findings, it DOES NOT require parents to have any teaching credentials or even taking a course or workshop (unless you want to of course but not mandatory). I went to an information meeting at the beginning of the year and I knew then that we just have to try it out. 
 
So as the school bell rings throughout Northern California today, bringing with it its usual hustle and bustle...our household woke up a little less hurried, a little less stressed but still just as excited. We went to school a bit later than the rest only to be greeted with a party and a breakfast spread so that we could hang around and hob nob with our new schools auxiliary teachers and staff and of course, other homeschool families.  We then received our beginning packets with was more or less just a taste of what lies ahead in this newest journey of ours.

 
I am elated to finally be in the path we wanted to take for so long but I am still quite terrified of the responsibility that I placed upon my shoulders. Yes, I am still concern with my consistency issues and the fact that the girls will likely have separation anxiety from their classmates and friends.  But I still believe this is where we ought to be and my hopes are that this is definitely a step forward and not back. 
 

So here we go again in this roller coaster ride called life and I'm glad to be able to get back into this space so that I could look back and see how we'll do.  So, here's to the new and to all you homeschoolers out there....welcome back!

Comments

Popular Posts