They don't grown on trees...they come from Ebay!

In these hard economic times, those hit hardest are the ones who despite their best efforts still can't seem to get a break. We have two toddlers who no longer have health insurance, an unemployed bread winner who can't seem to get ahead of his competitors in a job market that's been devastated and apparently, the worse is yet to come. Then, there's me, a tired, stressed out home manager whose running out of resources and brain power to come up with one. So when all else fails and we need some extra funds to pay our bills what do we do? Well, there's Ebay...


I've been selling the girls used clothing for the sole purpose of having the funds to replace them. These days, they no longer belong to my girls but they go straight to fund our bank account. Dismal as that may seem, I find it amusing that this little venture of mine can produce surprising results. Case in point, I found a diaper bag while thrifting months ago and found out that it is a sought after designer bag. I post it in Ebay last week and my investment of $2.99 brought back a $30 profit.





The most surprising bit is a dress I bought for Ickey last year from a thrift store and that finished at auction with a profit of $25!








So, despite our sad economic state, I find comfort in knowing that I may be sitting on a small gold mine in my storage fill with the girls stuff that's now ready to be sold. Perhaps eventually, those funds can go back to where they were intended...continuing this profitable cycle.

Yay Ebay!!!

Comments

Popular Posts