Winter Thrifting

It seems the girls and I have extended our semi-annual shopping spree to every season instead.  It was only recently that we shopped and thrifted for fall and now it's time for winter shopping I suppose.  I made the mistake of going to the regular store first this time around.  Usually, we hit the thrift store first before going to the regular store for things that are missing which explains why the tab was so large this time.  I will be keeping an eye on my Old Navy purchases though so I won't miss getting an adjustment when the items do go on a good sale.  Hopefully, I can get the bill down considerably after doing that. 

Thrifting is always successful since our favorite store always seems to be brimming with great finds. Today is no exception!  I found the jackets we were missing and the suit jackets that Mer wanted from Old Navy but were way to expensive to slurge on. Thankfully, she agreed to wait and now she has 4 suits for less than the price of one suit. 4 full bags and $100 later our finds were more plentiful than our Old Navy spree yet only 1/6 of the cost.  I should really reconsider shopping at the regular stores first since most of what we needed were in the thrift store anyway.


With growing girls in their teens, I'm sure there will be plenty of these sprees to come.  I'm also more than guilty in this indulgence since losing weight gave me the excuse to shop and replace my wardrobe as well. It feels to at least be able to allow such splurges for now.  Thankfully, our financial situation was changed and now we can at least say yes to the girls for these.  It's also sort of like a tradition that we enjoy together.  I used to be the only one frequenting these stores to find treasure and have some me time but now the girls get to join me in all the fun.  

Spring is starting to show up here in Rancho.  Does that mean another shopping trip is in the horizon? I'm looking forward to it!




Comments

Popular Posts