Lego Robotics

We've always been a fan of Lego and to find out that Lego extends beyond our living room and into the schoolroom, is a welcome sight for both me and my girls.  I've been scouting out possible additions of Lego in our curriculum but I figured this year is set so maybe next year we'll have something more formal.

For now, I'm using them as a vehicle to get the girls to write more since neither want to journal. With Lego "stories," Mer can build and create her own stories from her creations.  It's a fun way to get her to write more since she's more kinesthetic.  As for Myka, well...I still have to figure that out.

Nevertheless, our charter provided us with a Lego challenge that is up Mer's alley - Lego Robotics is now available to her as a 4th grader and though hesitant at first because of all the Math involved, she braved the first class knowing her buddy Mikayla is there and she thoroughly enjoyed it!



It's nice to have opportunities like these.  I asked the other school children if they ever had it and only one said she did but one year only.  This class will be available for my children for 4th grade onward and their skills will definitely improve each time. It's a nice perk to homeschooling that makes us value it even more.

Comments

Popular Posts