A Busy Day in the Kitchen


For Breakfast: two buttermilk baked items...cheddar biscuits (Ickey's fave) and Oatmeal Scones.


For Lunch: Butternut Squash Soup.  I made a few adjustments to this recipe as noted by one of the comments but I found it to be too much.  I ended up tweaking it more just to take away some of the taste but was not so successful.  So. this item did not get a great reception from everyone today.  Next time, I'm sticking to the original recipe adding only garlic and light sour cream.


For a treat:  Homemade Organic Maple Ice Cream.  Yes, our Ice Cream maker is working and we love it.  This was simple and awesome...did I mention organic!


Lastly, for Dinner:  Shrimp and Tofu Chopsuey on top of brown rice.  All those beautiful veggies in one meal!

As a side note: we did a few more sweeps at home, including the kitchen getting rid of all our chemical laden, carcinogenic "health" and cleaning items.  Part of the clean-up is a change in our Soy Sauce, a staple in Asian cooking.  Most of these have MSG or an MSG component...yes, even those claiming to be natural. Fortunately, a healthier version is within reach...Trader Joe's Soy Sauce.  All natural, no chemicals just plain and simple. 



I still have a few more items that I'm looking to replace.  One in particular is challenging because of cost...the girl's shampoo and wash.  My old one is cheap of course and the one I'm considering as a replacement is the California Baby wash which is very expensive.  I reviewed the ingredients list on my old brand and right away I saw SLS on the line-up so I know for sure that it will be replaced and soon....I'm still weighing my options since all this conversion have been very heavy in our pockets.  In the long run, of course it will be more cost effective and of course, for the sake of your health and your life,  it is absolutely priceless!


Comments

Popular Posts