Let's Catch Up...

I know, I know...it's been a while. I have a problem with consistency and sometimes it gets the better of me. We've been doing okay but quite a few ups and downs along the way.  My sister-in-law's care is still a matter of contention among family members even though a recent family meeting concluded with the decision that  her wishes should be the only ones followed. Her wishes at this time is that she wants to stay at the facility during the week and home only on the weekends.  It's a compromise that still lays very heavy on my heart since she has a 13 year old son whose been waiting for her to be home and whose childhood will be robbed by what may be the last few months that he could be with his mom.  But as hard as we fought, this is what she wants or at least what she thinks she wants at this time.  We just hope it will change eventually. 

As for us, we've been dealing with our own adversities lately...my hubby was laid off again.  He's been working for six months and apparently, the permanent position that he was being set to receive is still on hold.  In the meantime, they can't keep him but they promised to call him back as soon as the position becomes available. 

It's another blow for my already emotionally unstable husband so the stress is really taking it's toll on his health.  Thankfully, we've changed our diet so at least that's contributing to his immunity...now if we could only get rid of his gout...we're working on it.

My girls are beautiful and happy as always.  They are still getting used to our new eating habits but they are slowly liking the veggies as well.  Mer's been producing quite a few art pieces and is still constantly drawing and painting.  Here's a couple of pages from her sketchbook.

And Ickey....well, she's as usual...being Ickey!


I'll be posting again today...a few projects and a day filled with yum!
Later....

Comments

Popular Posts