The Drama Project

Every once in a while my sewing skills are utilized in a very well loved privilege - to help create costumes for the Bible drama that will be featured in our yearly District Convention. This would be my third time helping the costume crew and the first time doing so without my beloved mother-in-law who was usually my sewing partner for this project.  Unlike the first two times though, my role this year is mainly to support the costume crew.  The main designer apparently did not know how to sew prior to this endeavor and yet it's hardly noticeable once you see her fabulous work. 


This year was particularly challenging since it's the story of Joseph so it's the first time I ever have to tackle the Egyptian wardrobe.  Fortunately, my portion was mainly to do the togas that make up their inner garments instead of the more intricate outer garments and accessories. I have yet to take pictures of the rest of this beautiful ensemble.  Hopefully, I'll still have a chance to do so in their last dress rehearsal the day before the performance. 
 
Some though were too complicated to make like the Pharaoh of Egypt so they had to purchase that one instead but the rest is just as stunning. 




And no, Potiphar wife will not have shades on during the performance but I'm sure her two costumes will be unforgettable.

 

Looks like Potiphar himself has turned paparazzi.


And Pharaoh's maidservants never looked better.

I have a few more pieces to finish but overall it was fabulous to be a part of.  Another great summer memory for 2011!

Comments

Popular Posts