Lately...

Yes, it's been a while. Though I frequent others blogs, I've been somewhat uninspired to update my own.  It's hard to recover from the events of this year and I wanted to take sometime off while I figure out my direction from here on out. Of course, there's no use in wallowing in grief since that would be unhealthy.  But now that our focus is again solely for our family, it's time to revisit old goals and aspirations and get back into reaching and striving for them. I'm still gathering those thoughts and figuring out how to address them. In the meantime, this is how our lives have been.....lately.



We temporarily said goodbye to our CSA box due to our budget limitations. It's unfortunate how unemployment could only cover our bills but not what's best for our health. Our food budget is now limited to our food stamps so no box for now. 


Budget limitations does not mean lack of fun. Exploring the different parks in our area gives the girls a sense of adventure while being very kind to my pocketbook.


Refocusing also means pursuing one that was once set aside...my handmade clothing business.  For now, it will just be samples that the girls will be "field testing."


Refocusing also meant getting back to enjoying more time with friends and just cha-cha our problems away!


We're finding that being resourceful yields wonderful memories!  Our local library has free events and activities that are keeping the girls busy and excited or as Ickey would put it; "Mommy, I'm having fun today!"


It's that same resourcefulness that allowed us to be more mindful of the things we could enjoy around our community without spending.  We were outdoors in this years National Get Outdoors Day...enjoying our local park, having new experiences and learning awesome things about nature and our community.


And since summer is officially here, I made a promise to myself that I will do my best to make this a summer to remember for the girls....Mer especially since this is after all her last summer as a toddler.  My big girl has grown up and is about ready to go to school....how time flies. Still, with not much funds to spend, I've been scouting all of the free events I could find.  Our most recent adventure was to the California Academy of Science in the city -  a little farther from home but still worth the expense in gas since the admission was free!


It's a new day! We're moving on...now refocused and ready to embrace what life may bring and cherish every memory that comes along the way.  Lately.....it's all smiles!  This is going to be one great summer!

Comments

Popular Posts