An Invite from Getty

There's another love that I've been neglecting lately due to lack of time...photography.  My Flickr account has been quite neglected and when I did finally got to visit it today, I found a wonderful surprise waiting for me....an invitation to be a contributor for Getty Images.

I'm not a professional photographer by any means of course but I do know what being in Getty means. Its a special privilege and an opportunity to make some extra cash if your images get some attention.  They wanted to include 8 of my old images taken in 2009-2010. 6 of them are already in for their review, 1 is not gonna work (hence shown here) because the file size is too small and the other still needs a model release from my nephew. 


Whether they will be accepted or not, the invite certainly gave me the boost I need to get back to taking pictures.  I know it's really not about opportunities like these...it's making sure I don't miss out on my children's memories that I can never take back once gone. My goal is to attempt another 365 this coming year.  My last attempt was the year when most of the pictures that Getty is requesting was taken. I'm looking forward to have another great year for pictures...successful 365 or not.

You can find our flickr page here.

Comments

Popular Posts