Crunchy Leaves

Yes, I know....it's been a while and for good reason.  Illness has swept through our household knocking everyone off their feet including myself....twice!  I am in the midst of my second run in, coughing my head off and unable to take advantage of the beautiful sun filled days I see outside my window.

But yesterday, despite feeling miserable and knowing that another bout with illness is coming my way, I stayed true to my promise to the girls who for the most part have been shut in at home as well, and we all took advantage of the breeze, the sun and the falling leaves.  They got a bit of exercise, I was able to get back on my book that's been waiting on the wings for so long.




(Taken by Mer)
It may be so that California does not have the same beautiful fall season as the east coast has but we still get beautiful color.  Unfortunately, before our walk or rather ride (both girls biked) to our favorite park, we have had a couple of very windy days.  So, we did see some color but most of the leaves have fallen force ably by the wind and were now in large piles ready to be stomped...perfect!!!






I'm just glad I forced myself to have a bit of fresh air but sure enough, I felt it coming as soon as I got home. Today, I'm feeling a bit better.  Still coughing a lot and can't hardly breathe but I'm grateful I caught a glimpse of fall with the girls before it disappears for another year.  The usual pretty spots were already showing signs of winter, only a bit of color left and soon that too will give way to the chill. 


Truly awe-inspiring in their simplicity...a beautiful reminder of how awesome is the one who make all these things possible. 

Comments

Popular Posts