Friends for a Lifetime

Time Flies is a saying that seems cliché but I see it everyday with my children.  They grew so fast....too fast, in fact. But of course they're not the only one to make that point. A lifelong friend, for example has grown and now entering adolescence.  She's been friends with my girls since they were born.  I've been friends with her parents since they were young and single.  In fact, we've always bribed that it was me and my husband who played matchmaker and brought them together.  Now it's our children who play and connect....it's a beautiful sight! 


 
We got to spend the day with her today, playing, going to the library, drawing (drawing manga anime for her) and reaching accomplishments as the girls both won their first prices for their summer reading program.  It's nice to reconnect and just be as they are, growing, inquisitive, creative, smart children.  We learn a lot from their free spirit as much as they learn from us.


 
As for my girls, they are thrilled with the fact that they are getting a lot of opportunities to mingle with their friends this summer.  Of all things, that's perhaps the one thing they craved the most since becoming homeschooled and I'm determined to do better at it next school year. 
 
 
For now, school is what's occasional.  Friends, play and fun is the agenda for the day!
 

Comments

Popular Posts