Unable to Harmonize

When you think of childhood, one thing that comes to mind is the grind of going to and fro music lessons.  Whether it's piano or guitar or even drums, it's almost like a right of passage for a kid to go through one of these relentless, grueling but beneficial and character building part of childhood.   
 
As a parent, music lessons is almost, always on your wish list for your children.  Who would not want to harness the innate ability of making beautiful music with ones hands?  I for one, consider it a life skill that should be learned, not an optional activity.  So it comes to no surprise that I've been seeking out an affordable way to get my two girls to the music lessons they been wanting to take.  I found an option today and because I did not want to delay further, I went ahead and enrolled Mer to start next month.  Unfortunately, I did not consult my husband on it and of course, being the more realistic between the two of us, he immediately reminded me that even with this lower rate, this will still not be financially feasible for us at this time.
 
 
I was bummed!!!  My girls are now 6 and 8 and frankly, I feel that if they don't start now, it will be too late.  It's frustrating to be in a situation wherein you have natural talents being stifled by lack of resources, as if the art of music playing is only reserved for the affluent or at least those who have more than one income. 
 
Children should always have a way to develop something that will enrich their way of learning, their confidence and their lives.  My girls certainly deserve to have that option!!! 
 
This setback will just be a short reprieve....I hope.  I'm still hoping that we will find a way to get the girls to their music class and soon!

Comments

Popular Posts