Summer Reading

Our public library always encourage it with a reward program of sorts and I don't think we have had a successful year of it until this year. So far, the girls have both received their 1st price and we are looking forward to getting the rest of the board done early.  Not to be left behind, the adults (and teens) were also invited to track their summer reading....challenge accepted!
Daily Bible reading - check. Other books completed after this first month of summer - check. One so far, but I have about 3 books in the works this summer and I'm hoping to complete them all.  I'm enjoying the Newberry Award Winning Children books and I will be starting my 3rd Gold Winner Awardee. So far, I read "The One and Only Ivan" - 2013 (loved), and "Flora and Ulysses" - 2014 (funny and very sweet).  The rest of my summer reading list may be informative or curriculum preparations, particularly Language Arts material since I'm hoping to replace it and our history book for next year.
The girls easily completed their 30 hours challenge and are breezing past it for June. Hopefully, July means completing a real chapter book for Mer (One and Only Ivan) and finds Myka a faster reader before the school starts over this year.
Book searches are continuous, classics a must and I'm still in search of Mo Willems and Nate the Greats.  It's great to finally be stuck with a book and see the girls doing the same.

Comments

Popular Posts