New Year, New Adventures

Well, the final part of the year certainly felt like it flew by quickly.  Unfortunately, our winter break turned out to be another round of illnesses only this time, my husband ended up going to urgent care for his persistent heartburn. It turns out that he has gallbladder disease and once again, we are on high alert since this is the very thing that started my sister-in-law's troubles that later led to her cancer.  I quickly got my husband on a liver and gallbladder detox.  He completed 3 of the 5 days but I guess anything is better than nothing.  He's on a strict diet and I hope he just keeps up with it since it will definitely make a difference.  For now, we're just hoping that we could do enough so that we could save his gallbladder. 

On a lighter note, the new year is a great incentive to tackle a few new challenges.  So for this year, I started with a 365 project and a new skill to learn....knitting. 

 
I'm hoping I'll do well with both and be consistent (which in itself will be a challenge).  But of course it is not the only thing that I will hope to improve on.  Goals are plenty but I think this time around I'll just tackle them one at a time.  For now, it's these two....a pleasant distraction for me from everything else that's needs attention lately and for that all is well and good.

Comments

Popular Posts