To Dance and Sing

Another catch up post....

As noted on a previous post, my calendar for this summer is filled with notes on nearby events and activities that will fill this summer with lots of fun, learning and memories. I had events noted for almost every day this week but I also know that it is important to teach the girls about being balance so spending time at home and tending to our daily responsibilities is as important as our time out for play.  After a day of rest, we again head to our local library, this time in the main Fremont branch, to check out another children's program in their summer calendar. This time around it's all about singing and dancing with a children's concert featuring an award winning team who were both playing instruments, singing beautifully and skillfully but with ease engaging their little audience to join them in all the fun. 



They were funny and easy to sing and dance along....I found myself singing with the girls as well.  Ickey was very distracted though.  She was clingy and not wanting to join in.  I guess she was not comfortable being in that room with so many kids but Mer was fully engaged...a sure sign that she is indeed ready for school. 


Eventually, Ickey gave in and join in the fun during the last 10 minutes of the show.  She had fun but Mer had a blast and was raving about it all day.  I just wish I took my video camera since it would have been better to have a recorded memory of all that fun dancing and singing aside from these pictures. 


Well...I guess there's always next time.  Another great day...thanks to our local library!

Oh and by the way, yes....it was unseasonably cold....hence the long sleeves shirts!  Where's our summer weather?  Beach weather please!!!

Comments

Popular Posts