Quiet Time

I was feeling a bit under the weather this weekend...quite possibly a stomach bug (yuck!!!) of some sort.  My body was fighting the full blown thing so I was feeling quite fatigued and just wanting to slow down and have some quiet time. So I stayed at home, did minimal chores but did give in to a project that Mer has been begging to have from this book....


I stumbled across it in one of our trips to the library.  It has lots of great ideas but of course I had to settle on the things I could realistically do in our small space.  Mer wanted the project pictured on the cover...the under-the-table house.  I love the idea of it, the only problem is that we really don't have a dining table like that to make her a big "house."  So I made one for her craft table instead.  It was small and cramp of course but she didn't mind.  


I made the windows larger and defined the flower box a bit more with flower cut outs instead of just a floral fabric.



So with that project done and a little girl satisfied, I went back to my quiet time and curled up with my current read.  I'm already  3/4's done and I'm hoping to finish reading it before it is due back to the library.  So far, I'm relieved to see that my effort in simplifying our food and the organization I do for their clothing are in line with the suggestions in the book but as most parents, I need to work on the rest of the simplification process in my children's environment, especially when it comes to their toys.  It's a welcome change that I have no problem implementing and I'm sure the girls will do very well with it as well.  It's definitely a must read for parents and perhaps even a staple to the family's home library (I will likely purchase one for mine).  

I'm hoping tomorrow will bring relief for my body and a refreshed mind to start the week anew.  For now, more quiet and stillness, more slowing down to breathe deeply.....and heal.  Good health to you and yours!!!

Comments

Popular Posts