Needing to Exhale

I'm feelin' a bit bummed today. I've been moping around all day staring at a sink load of dishes needing to be washed and a basket full of laundry in the wings needing to be folded.  I could really use a bit of me time...which simply means a few hours to myself enjoying a cup of coffee or a nice lunch or go out thrifting on my own without my husband calling me every 10 minutes asking me how long I'm gonna' be gone...that would be nice but I can't.  There's no room in the budget for thrifting...infact, there's not much room for anything at all.

Still talking about that is no therapy so let's just stick to what is.  I know I have many things to be grateful for despite our current situation and if I just follow my girls' lead,  I just need to remember to take it one day at a time....and perhaps jumping in that freezing wade pool will bring me to my senses....hmm, maybe not.




So, still trying to be optimistic I tried cooking therapy.  We are out of bread so I figured I'll bake some scones and Ickey's favorite cheddar biscuits so that she'll finally eat something other than fruits (which she lives off these days)...that and the fact that I did not want a whole quart of buttermilk to end up in the trash again. 




I had this idea that I'll make soup and pasta for dinner and hopefully clean my kitchen in the process.  Well, I made it to getting the breads done but then I was no longer in the mood for anything else.

Oh well, perhaps tomorrow will bring better moods and productivity.  So, the kitchen sink will just have to be full (fuller, now that the baking stuff is added to it) and the laundry will just have to stay in that basket for one more day.  Today,  I guess my body is just wanting to take a break, exhale....and maybe indulge in some Ben and Jerry's.....maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts