Why We Love Our Local Library

I'm still one day behind on posting but improving....

It was Tuesday, which means our neighborhood library is open and this particular day was special since it's Critter Day which means my girls will become acquainted with a few cute critters that they would otherwise not have a chance to hold or see (no pets for us for now due to the expense).  As noted in one of my previous posts, we've been taking advantage of our local library's programs to make this an extra special summer for the girls. My calendar is filled with reminders of library activities through out the summer so I will be posting a lot of them here. 


The critters were extra cute especially a Guinea Pig named Mica....yes, Mica, my girl's namesake and yes, the handler got quite a kick when Mica the pig got to meet Myka the kid. 


It was love at first sight for my girls which I don't find unusual since I grew up with a zoo myself and have a steady love affair with animals until after I got married.  Since then, life got in the way but we are hoping to include little critters to our mix eventually when our budget allows us. 




For now, my girls will just cherish days like these.  Aside from Mica, they also met a few rats, mice and two bunnies.  


It was a full day as it was but after our fun library time our walk home also offered us some adventure.  We haven't had the opportunity to check out our newly installed fountain in our town square so we checked it out. Of course, when you have water and a couple of little hands, the end result is usually a fun, wet mess!!!
 



The girls came home drenched, happy and having lots of stories to tell their Daddy...just another wonderful summer day!

Comments

Popular Posts