Signs of Life

A few days back I noted that our backyard is getting a new lease on life.  The girls and I finally showed it some love and did a bit of cleaning so that everyone will be encouraged to spend more time out there.  So far, we've kept it clean and already I find my hubby gardening longer and the girls staying out and doing a bit of "exploring" and "gardening" of their own. 

Today the girls made it official that the garden is again the place to be.  Their water table is out from storage and the girls took advantage of the warmer weather to have some wet fun....well, until they made it very apparent that they are probably too big for that water table.  


They are more interested in getting in the water than just playing with it so I guess a small pool will now be more appropriate. Our old pool is a bit cumbersome and is quite large for our little backyard so I did get them a small wade pool today and with the warmer weather ahead of us this week, there will be plenty of wet, giggly fun out there for sure.

The veggies are also doing really good.  We've been enjoying the romaine lettuce, kale, other greens and I think my hubby did harvest ONE (yes one) eggplant the other day too.  The only one that I'm patiently waiting for are the tomatoes and the strawberries that seem to be taking their sweet time.  Oh well, lots of late season harvesting I suppose.

Aaahh, finally some life back to our little backyard!  The only drawback now is all the insect bites we've been getting! Poor Ickey got a couple right on her face!!!


Well, it's not summer without a few scars to show off I guess. We're enjoying our backyard again and it's worth it (I did get some DEET free bug spray today as well).  But more improvements are planned so I'll be posting more updates here down the line.  Let's all have a great summer everyone....bug bites and all!!!

Comments

Popular Posts