I Jumped In!!!

I was just kidding yesterday when I said I should probably jump in with the girls in their wade pool so I could be in a better mood but after I wrote it, I thought about it again and decided that it was actually a great idea....no, not in their wade pool but somewhere a bit bigger....okay, waaayy bigger.

I've been wanting to check out an indoor water park in the town next to ours for a while now but it was never warm enough to merit a day at the water park until today.  Besides, I'm still trying to kick away the blues so I figured a day of play will do me some good. So, off to Sillman Aquatic Center we go.


I heard that this place was another hidden gem in our area and I'm please to report that truly it is!!! There were quite a few pluses to note:
  • it's affordable!!!  That's number one in list.  While others charge about $16 to $20 a head, our tab was only $18 for all three of us!!! Yup...that's it!  You can also get the plastic donuts for the lazy river and life vests for the little ones for free (though my girls don't really need it).
  • it's indoors.  Forget about sladdering the sunscreen....you don't need it and because it's indoors everything is climate controlled especially the water which stays comfortably warm no matter where you are. 



  • it's safe.  They have lifeguards in every corner and aside from them there are junior lifeguards for extra sets of eyes everywhere.  They are not just in the sidelines either.  There were lifeguards in the water making sure that no one gets hit by the sliders and keeping parents who are not in their swimsuits (swimsuits only in the water area) at bay.  I saw one guardian was asked to change and he did.  It's nice to see they were not lax about the rules.


  • it's fun.  Your child (and you) will not get bored.  There's plenty of different water activities -  sprays and knobs to turn, fountains and water to dump to unsuspecting passerbys.  If sports is more your forte' there's a water basketball, catch balls and goals and of course for the more advance...lap pools.  If relaxing is your thing, there's the lazy river....small but a few rounds in that thing and you probably won't mind it at all.  But of course, the main attraction for the older kids is still the high twisty slide....it's not a water park after all without it.




It was the therapy I needed and I'm grateful that there are affordable stops like these to help us keep enjoying our summer.  So now that  we crossed that off our list, it's time to save and plan for a few more; camping and a day at the beach.  I have a feeling though that we may be back here again...

So next time you're down and out, try jumping in the water with your kids....it works! 

Comments

Popular Posts