Playground Tour #6 - Niles Community Park

Now that the girls are feeling better, it's time to get back to our routine and since it's Tuesday, it's off to the library or the playground. Today we got to do both!  I decided that we will go for a walk in our neighborhood library to return some of my books that are due to go back. I finished Simplicity Parenting which will eventually be a mainstay in our home library (once I get my personal copy) and despite not planning on getting more books (since I still have 3 at home), I went ahead and started You are Your Child's First Teacher. I have some catching up on my teaching skills for the girls and I'm grateful for these resources that are both informative and inspiring.

After our brief library stop we braved the hot weather and decided to stop by our neighborhood park which is our next playground tour....


#6  Niles Community Park



I have to say that the appeal of this park is not the fancy playground structures and the cool water feature although they both exist here in it's own unique way.  What makes this park stand apart from the ones we've seen is that here, the playground is nature itself.  









There's plenty of trees to enjoy, climb and play hide and seek in.  There are plenty of beautiful grounds to run around barefoot to your hearts content. There's ducks to visit, birds to watch, birds nests to investigate and many hidden places to explore.

We've always enjoyed walking around this whole park and the amenities are endless for everyone including the dogs who also have their own dog park in the area.  Then when the seasons change, this place becomes almost magical....


Beautiful, peaceful....perfect!!!

Comments

Popular Posts