Meets Expectations

I remember in my school days that there was one day we did not look forward to...report card day.  I'm not a star student by any means and sometimes my grades just slipped past the passing grade by a hair but at the time, we got to see our report cards first and then dread the rest of the afternoon as we figure out the best strategy to show it to our parents.  Perhaps it would have taken out the stress a bit if we followed the method here in the states wherein the parents meet with your teacher to not only see your report card but to actually talk about your progress (or lack thereof).

Well, today was the first of many for me as the first trimester came to an end and was evaluated and so far my little artist is doing pretty good.  Of course, kindergarteners don't get the usual grades but they do get evaluated for many basic learning categories and I'm please to say that Mer has met the expectations on all of them.


Progressive yes but there's also the little matter of distractions namely boys (yes, boys) who seem to be very drawn to her.  Apparently, there were instances of holding hands on the carpet that the teacher had to check up on every now and then and the constant request for her boy classmates to sit away from her so as not to distract each other.  Mer was very embarrassed as Daddy and I chatted about her little classroom "friends" and got really upset because we found out and actually teased her about it.   All in good fun for now of course but I did told her teacher to do what is necessary so that these friendship would not be hindrance to their learning. Mer is not really the flirty type of course.  In fact, often she is quite shy but she is friendly and quite caring and a blast to play with...so much so I guess that the boys enjoy being with her a lot as well.  I'm hoping that this is not a preview of what's to come of course....boy problems in kindergarten...oh my, I think we're are in for quite a ride!

Comments

Popular Posts