Our Homeschool Adventure - Week 1

As expected, things have been quite chaotic around here!  I knew that it will be very busy since I now added homeschooling to my many hats and so the daily schedules have been quite full.  So, I figured a weekly blog post of the highlights of our learning week would be more up my alley instead of adding to my already long daily list of to do's (except of course of other note worthy events in the week).

So here's how our first full week of homeschool went:


 Learning together fosters togetherness and closeness that would probably somewhat affected had the girls attend regular school.  At home, they are each others peer and bffs.  It's also nice to see the big sister take on her role in assisting in the learning process of her little sis.


One of the greatest benefit for me is the flexibility of being able to apply any lesson to an appreciation for the Creator and his loving provisions.  Mer's thematic lesson is on Community and Myka's is all about energy.  Both a great avenue for incorporating theocratic tidbits as well.
 



For the girls though, the difference became crystal clear when learning becomes not a monotonous lecture or worksheet but a hands-on learning experience that fosters retention, excitement and well, learning. What better way to learn about community and energy than to experience it in this setting -  I figured our annual membership to Children's Discovery Museum will come in very handy for this purpose so I'm glad I thought ahead.

I'm sure not every week will come as smooth as this week.  Nevertheless, our homeschooling rhythm is definitely off to a good start.


 
 

Comments

Popular Posts