In Pursuit of Optimism

Yes, it's been almost a week since my last post and I have to say that it was by no means accidental.  After the events of the last post, our week just spiraled into more depressing days and frankly, I did not start this blog to keep writing about those.  I wanted to remember the good days or the bad days turned good because we fought for having a better outlook.  So I stayed away from the keyboard for a few days, renewing my optimism and reviewing the past week for the great things that we did get to enjoy despite the circumstances. And after reviewing what my lense captured last week, it's good to know that there were plenty of good times indeed.


I enjoyed my Wednesday morning with my little kitchen helper making Chocolate Chip pancakes (healthy version of course).


Changed of plans on Friday (Uncle Allen overslept) have us checking out Full Circle Farms, one of the CSA farms that we were considering to join.  They were closer and therefore more desirable but they also have a waiting list.  I'm thinking though that I may just buy our veggies from the Farmers Market.  After a bit of research, I found out that there are several Farmers Markets scheduled around our area on a daily basis (except for Mondays).  Nevertheless, I'm glad the girls got see this farm and enjoyed watching the beautiful egg laying hens on the premises.




Saturday, after a trip to the farmers market was the day our fridge got a major makeover.  The night before I stumbled across a documentary entitled  "Beautiful Truth."  It re-emphasized the importance of a natural diet and their potential to cure ailments like cancer.  Though I'm not promoting any therapies like this, I am convinced though that eating healthy is a must and it is a resolve my family is definitely taking.  So, out with these.....


....and more of these....


This was by the way the result of our two days of veggie and fruit shopping although several items are already missing from this picture: the carrots (juiced - another habit we are trying to make), the grapes and the strawberries (likely being eaten by Ickey who lives off of fruits these days).

Yes overall, it was a good week and already this next one is shaping out to be better as well.  So here's to being an optimist and let's all have another great week!

Comments

Popular Posts