To be prepared

Today I had to drop everything for a very important assignment from my husband.  I was asked to help my sister-in-law prepare a directive of her wishes that will be carried out after her death.  It was probably one of the hardest things I had to do but it was a needed step for this family so that my sister-in-law can clearly convey her instructions for her assets, her funeral and her family.  She has a 13 year old son and many of these arrangements are being made to ensure his future and his care in the event of her passing.  There are still many matters that requires information before she makes a final decision, like the matter of her burial whether she wants to be cremated or be buried traditionally but she mostly knows what she wants, down to the clothes that she wants to wear in case she opted for a viewing.  She is still very optimistic.  In fact, she does not want anyone to give up yet when it comes to her treatments and neither do we.  But as her family we also know that it's practical to be prepared for what may come. We still don't know if this final chemo session was effective but with the cancer still spreading quickly, our goal right now is to make sure she has plenty of time spent with family and friends, making more memories and having enough time for everyone including herself  to have closure and say their goodbyes.  



So no recipes today, no projects...just memories...a day that my Manang and I hung out for a few hours, talking, remembering, knowing....love you Manang!

Comments

Popular Posts