From the sick bed....

Yes, my immune system finally gave in after battling this thing for a couple of weeks!  But I'm not giving up the fight!  I'm feeling miserable and coughing up a storm but I took a short nap and was determined to salvage my day.  Unfortunately, it meant staying home again and perhaps losing the sun for tomorrow will be a rainy day...awww and it's library day!  

For today, I was able to start my goal to do one item on this book.  I had it for a while and was slowly going through the recipes...all of them great so far....but I wanted to do a step further by actually trying to do at least one meal a day.  Today's recipe is "Poopye Eggs" and since my girls are really not familiar with the good sailor man, Mer referred to this yumminess as Green Eggs instead.  The color is actually very appealing and I added sausage to the recipe to give it more flavor and texture hoping that my girls would take interest.  The result? Well, score one!  Mer liked it but did not like the tortilla so next time she just wants it scrambled.  Myka ignored it as expected and requested a bowl of ramen instead...bad habits are really hard to break. But I'm gonna' keep trying until she changes her ways.





Another treat for today is the arrival of my new project book.  I have the baby version but since mine are not babies no more, it's time to move to the next size book.  I'm hoping to finish a few projects for this season and hopefully also for spring...stay tuned!



For now, I'm happy to stay under the covers and hopefully kick this nasty cold out early...let's hope. Stay well!

Comments

Popular Posts