A Step Forward

It's a brand new year and everyone's tendency is to make resolutions for the better. It may seem cliche' but it is a good opportunity to start anew or at least set goals to do better.  Last year for me...for us, was a bit unsettling to say the least.  But that's that...now let's move forward! Renewing my resolve to do better, I thought about the goals I set for myself in my last post and started reading and thinking a lot about how I want to reach them.  There are a few things that I know I want to make changes on;  
(1) I want to be more environmentally conscious. Yes, living green is probably the motto of the decade but truth be told, it is important and it does make a difference.  My motives involve not only my refusal be among those "ruining the earth" but frankly, to make life simpler and safer for me and primarily my family.  With the onset of cancer in my husbands' blood line, my girls are now very vulnerable to the disease.  Living and eating like we did with the many traces of the Filipino's love for all things preservative and processed, it will only be a matter of time before we too may succumb to this ugly beast of a disease.  So, I'm going on the offensive!  I've been reading up and arming myself with a new way of buying, cooking and eating food.  Cost is the greatest challenge but in the long run, it's definitely worth it.  But why stop there!  I'm also hoping to change the way I clean and buy anything. It will be a struggle but it's time for a change.

 
(2) I want to improve my parenting skills.  Obviously, it needs work but more so, it needs renewed commitment.  I have to remind myself that my children learn from mere observation and experience and not just by lesson plans and to make sure I give them every opportunity to just be kids.  
So here's to painting more, reading more, enjoying walks, rediscovering our beautiful neighborhood and spending more time "making sure of the more important things" (Philippians 1:10). Let's all have a great year! 

Comments

Popular Posts