Cultivating the Love for the Written Word

After being energized from our very first trip to our neighborhood library last Tuesday (it's only open on Tuesdays), the girls and I made a short pit stop to our main Public Library here in our city.  I was sorta' prepared with a list but due to my haste unloading two little ones from the car...I forgot it anyway.  So needless to say, we were quite overwhelmed when we went in.  I enjoyed watching the girls ooohed and aaahh over the amount of books while still trying to stay quiet, minding their library manners...well trying to anyway.  I made sure it was a quick trip since it was me who came in with the intention of finding one of the books I've been thinking of purchasing but I figure I should check it out first...and so I did.  

So, currently in my reading list is one of my favorite blogger's books; "Handmade Home" by Amanda Blake Soule. I'm hoping to finish a few projects from it before I return it at the end of the month. 

The girls love books to begin with and hopefully with a new found treasure of our local library (libraries), they will enjoy them even more...that is of course if mommy makes sure reading time happens every night as it should.  So their choices for their first library trip are:

For Mer:  
- Harold's Circus by Crockett Johnson
- Yoyo's Animal Friends by Jeannette Rowe - a picture book that she said she wanted to read to Ickey.

For Ickey:  videos...what else!  Oh well...maybe next time.


In addition, after a bit of research, I stumbled across a few books on the 100 best children's books of all time list while thrifting.  These three are now part of our home library:

- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible Day by Judith Viorst
- Are You My Mother by Dr. Seuss
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura J. Numeroff

Our goal for the year is to read most of the books on this list then find the ones we really like and add them to our own library at home.  

Comments

Popular Posts