Catching up...again!

It's been a hectic week so far so I haven't had the chance to do some blogging till today.  Once again this will be a lump post of all the goings on of the past few days and it's been busy.

As I noted last time, we've been making changes but not only nutritionally...I figured it's about time to have a little change in our home as well.  We spend a lot of time at home and I want to make sure we make the best out of it so in the beginning of this week I decided to claim back the second bedroom of our very small house so that the girls and I could have our own space for projects and the like.  Since my hubby decided that he did not want to sleep there anymore (he works nights), the space has been pretty much just a catch all and since we have such limited space already, it's only right to make sure that this room gets utilized once more.  So out goes the mattress and in it's place is a work table for me and the girls.  



I took advantage of the light coming from the one window in this room so that I could do some work or reading during the day (hopefully by spring I will be able to paint the room a lighter color so that we will  have more light) and gave the girls the corner space for their pretty vintage style cabinet which houses their art supplies and is also a home for their DVD player so they could watch their movies here instead of the living room.  I also added a chalkboard for them to enjoy.  I also recently attached four cup containers (sorry no pictures for that yet) to the wall so that their markers, color pencils and pencils are easily accessible and makes clean up a breeze as well.  Notice though, that I conveniently left off the other side of the room from the pictures since that is where my sewing stuff and right now it is still a big mess. 


On the other side of the room, I set up the easels so the girls can do their painting anytime they want. 

We are super excited to have our own space again!  And as you can see it's being enjoyed fully...more on that later!
Wednesday had quite a bit of running around getting ready for Mer's school registration.  Unfortunately, that also means getting her physical done and updating her immunizations.  The poor girl went home with FOUR shots and a finger prick.  I feel so bad for her as she kept repeating; "Mom, going to the doctors office is not fun."  It was needed and I'm glad it's over....I just wish there was a better way to protect them than to give them shots!  I for one am not comfortable giving my children ANY medication.  In fact, upon consulting with her doctor about Mer's snoring due to nightime congestion she prescribed two more drugs for her to take orally and through her nostrils.  I decided I didn't want her to take them and just do more research for a natural alternative instead. 


As for today, we had a chance to stay home and enjoy our "project room."  Here's some of what goes on here:



It's been a great week so far!  Oh and by the way, yes we have been continuing on with our veggie dominated menu but since it's been so hectic I haven't had the chance to photograph the goings on in the kitchen. I'll just do a recap of that at the end of the week.

Lastly, in the mail today I received this.  I still have a small amount of my old laundry detergent left but I will get a chance to enjoy them soon.  The best deal was from Amazon as shown on the link and with a subscription discount of 15%, the total for four 100 load units was just $25.65.  That's only about 6 cents per load of laundry!!!  Not to mention that it is also 100% biodegradable & natural. 

Tomorrow we are off to a new adventure!  Until then...

Comments

Popular Posts